Nearly a century ago, we were a small town bank, but because of our sound and prudent banking practices (and a lot of hard work), we grew to become a leading regional bank with over 100 locations. Along the way, we also earned the reputation of "One of America's Safest Banks."
A history of serving the people
Giving our clients all they need to be successful is at the core of who we are. Our stability and depth of resources is enhanced by the success of our parent company, National Australia Bank (NAB). NAB has a history of over 150 years of heping businesses like yours succeed.
A bright future
We've had some great accomplishments over the years. But we continually ask ourselves how we can serve our clients better. Today, we're looking forward to tomorrow and not only helping your business succeed, but establishing a solid foundation for its future growth.
Our group at a glance*
- Over 10 million1 clients across North and South America, Asia, Australia, United Kingdom, and New Zealand
- More than 40,0001 employees
- Greater than $353 billion2 in loans and advances
- Dedicated to making our communities better through local sponsorships, employee volunteering and investing in low-to-moderate income areas
- Committed to a green future
- NAB is a AA rated financial services institution, one of about 11 banks worldwide to hold this distinguished credit rating
- Great Western Bank is One of America’s Safest Banks due to sound and prudent banking practices
1: Reported as of December 31, 2008.
2: Reported in Australian dollars as of September 30, 2008.
3: Reported in Australian dollars as of December 31, 2008.
* National Australia Bank Limited consolidated information which includes Great Western Bank.