No Purchase Necessary.
1. DATES OF PROMOTION: The “Dollar Bill” Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins at 12:01 a.m. (Central Daylight Time ["CDT"]) on August 02, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on August 21, 2010 ("Sweepstakes Period") subject to the entry periods and drawing dates found in the "DRAWING" and "HOW TO ENTER" section of these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: No Purchase Necessary. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must be a lawful permanent resident of the United States. This sweepstakes is only open to residents of the United States and is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the United States, and where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees, officers and officials of Great Western Bank ("Sponsor"), it’s affiliated subsidiaries and immediate families (i.e. parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
Serial number sweepstakes: Great Western Bank account owners in Omaha, NE; O’Neill, NE; and Red Oak, IA will receive a $1 bill in the mail, each imprinted with a unique serial number. Account holders who receive this $1 bill in the mail will have the opportunity to match the serial number on their dollar bill to a winning serial number posted in the lobby of participating Great Western Bank locations in Omaha, NE; O’Neill, NE; and Red Oak, IA. A new serial number will be posted during the week of August 2-7, August 9-14 and August 16-21.
Online sweepstakes: Account holders and non-account holders who are residents in 51532, 50847, 51566, 51573, 51591, 50864, 68711, 68713, 68725, 68734, 68735, 68742, 68763, 68766, or 68780 zip codes may also obtain a randomly generated serial number by submitting a form at www.GreatWesternBank.com/currencycreator. This number will be entered into a random sweepstakes drawing for two (2) $500. Online serial number entries are limited to one per email address.
Email sweepstakes: All account holders and non-account holders are also eligible for a random sweepstakes drawing for $1000 and other consolation or unclaimed prizes by submitting their email address and contact information at a participating Great Western Bank location.
To enter for the sweepstakes drawing by postal mail, hand print your name, complete mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), age, plus daytime phone number with area code and email address (if available) on a 3" x 5" index card. Mail in a first class stamped envelope to: Great Western Bank “Dollar Bill” Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 2345, Sioux Falls, SD 57101-2345. Entry must be postmarked between August 2, 2010 and August 21, 2010 and received by August 27,2010. Any other form of entry is void. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
Serial number sweepstakes: During the week of August 2-7, three (3) winners with the matching serial number will win a Nintendo Wii™ gaming system valued at $200.00 These winners have until August 7, 2010 to submit their matching serial numbers at a participating bank location. During the week of August 9-14, three (3) winners with the matching serial number will win an Amazon Kindle™ electronic reading device valued at $139.00. These winners have until August 14, 2010 to submit their matching serial numbers at a participating bank location. During the week of August 16-21, three (3) winners with the matching serial number will win a flat screen television valued at $900.00. These winners have until August 21, 2010 to submit their matching serial numbers at a participating bank location. If a serial number match is not found or a prize goes unclaimed, it will be entered into the random sweepstakes drawing at the end of the contest. An individual cannot win more than one prize.
Online sweepstakes: Two (2) prizes of $500 will be awarded. An individual cannot win more than one prize.
Email sweepstakes: One (1) prize of $1000 will be awarded. An undetermined amount of additional winners will also be selected to win any unclaimed prizes listed in the above serial number sweepstakes along with one of several smaller, consolation prizes. An individual cannot win more than one prize.
All winners must pick up their prizes from a participating bank location by October 1, 2010. At a winner’s request, Great Western Bank will mail the prize to them at the customer's expense. Great Western Bank cannot be held responsible for lost, damaged or undeliverable prizes.
All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Winner. No transfer or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All decisions are final and binding.
5. RANDOM SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING:
Serial number sweepstakes: Three (3) winning serial numbers will be selected in a random drawing each week for a total of nine (9) winners.
Online sweepstakes: Two (2) winners will be selected from a random drawing on or about August 27, 2010.
Email sweepstakes: One (1) winner will be selected from a random drawing on or about August 31, 2010. An undetermined amount of additional winners will also be selected to win any unclaimed prizes listed in the above serial number sweepstakes along with one of several smaller, consolation prizes from a random drawing on or about August 31, 2010.
All drawings will be carried out by judges selected by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. The Winners will be notified by telephone, e-mail or mail service. If a potential winner cannot be reached within seven (7) days from the first notification attempt, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Prizes will be awarded to the selected winners only. Winners may not assign or designate another recipient.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: No additional substitution for any prize, other than those permitted by the Rules, will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, Winner and entrant hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsor of the Winners’ and entrants’ photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, hometown address, contents of the entry form and the name and age of the Winners and entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Sweepstakes.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: For account holders who receive a $1 bill in the mail, odds of winning are 1 in 11,671. For account holders and non-account holders who enter the online drawing and/or submit their email address in a bank location for a random prize drawing, odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for the drawing.
8. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes or the web site. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and each of its respective subsidiaries, and its respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of its respective subsidiaries, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winner, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
11. WINNER: To obtain a copy of the winner’s list or these official rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Great Western Bank, “Dollar Bill” Sweepstakes - OFFICIAL RULES, P.O. Box 2345, Sioux Falls, SD 57101-2345.
12. SPONSOR: Great Western Bank, P.O. Box 2345, Sioux Falls, SD 57101-2345.