Frequently Asked Questions
Banking can be confusing, but we’re here to help! Here are a list of some common questions and Great Western Bank solutions.
- Can I begin using Online Banking immediately?
- Yes. If you want the basic Online Banking service you will be set up within 24 hours of receipt of your signed application. A letter will be sent to you with your user ID and PIN. This will arrive within a couple of days. If you want Online Banking with Bill Pay it will take about 10 business days. You'll receive a separate letter with user ID and PIN for the bill paying service.
- Can my spouse and I have the same user ID and PIN?
- No. Each individual will be given a separate user ID and PIN.
- How frequently will my account information be updated?
- All customer information will be updated to reflect all account activity to date. For example, if you make a deposit, go home and access your account, the information will reflect the deposit. This is a large benefit because most banks only update the account status nightly.
- How much does Online Banking cost?
- Online Banking is Free with any Great Western Bank checking account.
- How much does Online Bill Pay cost?
- Online Bill Pay is free with any Great Western Bank checking account.
- How will I access Online Banking from home?
- You access Online Banking by entering through Great Western Bank's website, www.greatwesternbank.com. When you sign up for the service, you’ll receive a user ID and a personal identification number (PIN) that will allow you to access your account information.
- Is Online Banking safe?
- Online Banking is very safe. We've taken every step possible to be sure our system meets the latest security standards, including using the most up-to-date encryption methods, software and firewalls. In addition, your actual account number is not sent across the Internet.
- What do I do if I lose my check card, or it gets stolen?
The first thing you need to do is contact the card provider by calling 1.800.535.8440.
Next, keep an eye on your account(s) and notify your banker if you notice any fraudulent charges.
- What is Online Banking?
- Online Banking is an Internet-based service that provides you a safe and convenient way to do your banking. With Online Banking, you can view your account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, apply for other accounts, reorder checks and more.
- What is Online Bill Pay?
- Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills online, saving you time. Avoid the hassle of having to write checks every month, and stop by one of our locations to sign up for Online Bill Pay today.
- What kinds of things can I do over the phone?
The great thing about Xpress™ 24-Hour Phone Banking is that you can call from anywhere. All you need is a touch-tone phone, your account number and your PIN. You can find out account balances and transactions, check the status of your loan, find out when your CD matures and much more!
For a complete list of the phone banking features, contact us to request a Great Call brochure, which includes a pocket guide to Xpress™ 24-Hour Phone Banking.
- What will I be able to do with Online Banking?
You can access your accounts to transfer funds, check balances, view a current statement, view account information from your last statement for approximately three months after you receive the statement, and view the front and back of your cancelled checks.
In addition, you will be able to download the information into a software program such as Quicken® or Microsoft Money®, into a word processing program such as Word, or into a spreadsheet format such as Excel. You will not only be able to transfer funds from savings to checking and from checking to savings, but will also be able to advance money from overdraft protection into an account, as well as transfer funds from a home equity line of credit. The Online Bill Pay feature is optional.
- What's the number for Xpress™ 24-Hour Phone Banking?
- 1-866-My-GWbank (1-866-694-9226)