Did you know that if everyone in the U.S. stopped receiving paper statements and bills in the mail, we’d save enough paper to circle the globe 239 times? Start saving thousands of trees each year with Online Statements.
Plus, Online Statements:
- Are instantly accessible anytime, anywhere.
- Can’t get lost or damaged like paper.
- Take up no filing space and create no paper waste.
See our Online Statements Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Here are more ways to go green with Great Western Bank:
Sign up for online banking.
It's fast, convenient and cuts down on trips to the bank. Plus, you'll need to be enrolled in online banking to receive Online Statements.
Don't take an ATM receipt.
If everyone in the U.S. did this, it would save a roll of paper more than two billion feet long.
Pay your bills electronically.
If everyone who uses paper checks made electronic payments instead, it would save about $4 billion in paper costs alone.
- What is an Online Statement?
- How do Online Statements work?
- Are Online Statements Secure?
- How do I sign up for Online Statements?
- Will I receive Online Statements for all my accounts?
- What if I wish to continue receiving paper statements along with Online Statements?
- When will I receive Online Statement notification?
- What if my email address changes?
- What if I did not receive email notification that my statement was available?
- Can I print my Online Statements?
- How long is my Online Statement stored online?
- Can I cancel Online Statements and go back to paper statements?
- Can I view check images?
- Can I have my Online Statement sent to more than one email address?
- Will the statement reconciliation form (on the back of my paper statement) still be available?
- Will I receive year-end tax statements?
- What is the difference between an Online Notice and an Online Alert?
- What are Online Alerts?
- What are Online Notices?
- Does the Online Notice email contain the notice information?
- Will I also receive a paper notice?
- What types of notices are available electronically?
- How do I cancel Online Notices and begin receiving paper notices again?
What is an Online Statement?
An online statement is an electronic version of your regular paper statement. There is no charge for Online Statements, Online Notices, or Online Alerts.
How do Online Statements work?
Sign up for Online Statements in Great Western Bank Online Banking. An email will be delivered to your designated email address. The subject line will contain the security phrase of your choice. To view your statement, simply click on the password-protected PDF attachment and enter your Online Banking user information. You may print or save the downloaded file for your records.
Are Online Statements secure?
Security is one of the many benefits of Online Statements. Great Western Bank is always concerned about the security of your information and all security precautions have been taken using the latest technology available. Only you can access your statements through the security of Online Banking. Online Statements will also eliminate the possibility of statements being lost or tampered with in the mail.
How do I sign up for Online Statements?
First, you must have an Online Banking account. Sign in to Online Banking, go to the Online Statements Menu and enter your email address and security phrase. You will receive a paper statement for one statement cycle after signing up for Online Statements.
Will I receive Online Statements for all of my accounts?
You will receive Online Statements only for the accounts that you select from the Enrollment Settings section.
What if I wish to continue receiving paper statements along with Online Statements?
There is not an option to receive Online Statements and paper statements simultaneously.
When will I receive Online Statement notification?
As soon as your Online Statement is available, you will be notified via email. Depending upon mail time, you will receive your Online Statement 1 to 3 days faster than your paper statement.
What if my email address changes?
Log in to Online Banking and click on the Online Statements tab, then click on the Email section to enter your new email address. Here, you can also update your security phrase if necessary.
What if I did not receive email notification that my statement was available?
Contact your Personal Banker to verify your email address. However, your Online Statement will still be available within Online Banking under the Online Statements tab.
Can I print my Online Statements?
You can view the statements, print, or save to your computer for future reference.
How long is my Online Statement stored online?
We will retain 60 days of history online from the time you sign up.
Can I cancel Online Statements and go back to paper statements?
Yes, you can cancel Online Statements and go back to receiving paper statements if you choose. However, your Online Statement history will not be accessible. Simply uncheck the boxes on the Enrollment Settings section of Online Statements.
Can I view check images?
Yes, your Online Statement will look exactly like your regular paper statement.
Can I have my Online Statement sent to more than one email address?
Yes. Click Additional Recipients section under the Online Statements tab and enter the Username, Email Address, and Access PIN of the recipient. Once you've added an additional recipient, you can edit the information, assign documents sent to the additional email address, and even delete the recipient if necessary.
Will the statement reconciliation form (on the back of my paper statement) still be available?
Use the Reconciliation Wizard in Online Statements to ensure your recordings match those of the Bank and there are no mistakes on either side. You should reconcile your account whenever you receive a statement. Enter your last statement balance, and add recent deposits not included on the last statement. Next, add outstanding checks by entering the date, check number, and amount. The final screen displays the balance; you can print for your records. If you discover a discrepancy, please contact your Personal Banker.
Will I still receive year-end tax statements?
Any end-of-year statements will be mailed out.
What is the difference between an Online Notice and an Online Alert?
An Online Notice is an electronic version of the notices we currently mail out. An Online Alert is set up through the Options Tab, and is personalized by the user.
What are Online Alerts?
Online Alerts are electronic alerts notifying you of important account events. You can establish different Alerts in multiple categories including Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF), Maturing CDs, Bill Payments Paid, Balance Alerts, Item Alerts, Personal Alerts (i.e. MM/DD/YY XYZ Payment Due Today!), and more! You can choose to be alerted via email, upon sign in, or both. Set up your personalized alerts by going to the Options tab, and clicking on Alert Options.
What are Online Notices?
Online Notices are electronic versions of our regular mailed paper notices and are available online through our Online Banking service.
Does the Online Notices email contain the notice information?
You will receive an email with a password-protected PDF attachment. Enter your Online Banking user information to access the Notice. You may also review the Notice via Online Banking.
Will I also receive a paper notice?
No, once you are enrolled to receive Online Notices, you will no longer receive paper notices in the mail.
What types of notices are available electronically?
- ACH Confirmation: Successful Automatic Clearing House Debit
- AFT Transaction: Automatic Funds Transfer Complete
- Charge Back: Transaction Charged Back to Check Writer
- Credit Back: Transaction Credited to Account
- NSF: Account has Non-Sufficient Funds (Overdrawn)
- ACH Customer Notice: Automatic Clearing House Successfully Processed
- Loan Billing: Loan Payment Successfully Processed
- Automatic CD Renewal: Certificate of Deposit set to Automatically Renew
- Term Equal to or Less Than One Year
- Term Greater Than One Year
- Past Due: Past Due Loan Payments
- First Late Payment
- Second Late Payment
- Prime Rate: Prime Changed on an Adjustable/Variable Rate Loan
- Active to Dormant: Account Activity Ceased
How do I cancel Online Notices and begin receiving paper notices again?
Go to the Online Statements menu and select the Enrollment Settings section. Here, you can select which notices you receive electronically. See Enrollment Instructions section.