Great Western Bank “Swipe Repeat Win” Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary
Need not be present to win.
1. DATES OF PROMOTION: The “Swipe Repeat Win” Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins at 12:01 a.m. (Central Standard Time ["CST"]) on November 27, 2009 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on January 21, 2010 ("Sweepstakes Period") subject to the entry periods and drawing dates found in the "DRAWING" and "HOW TO ENTER" section of these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: No Purchase Necessary. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must be (1) an account owner at Great Western Bank; (2) an account owner in good standing; and (3) a lawful permanent resident of the United States, 18 years of age or older and must not be considered a minor in your state of residence. Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the United States, and where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees, officers and officials of Great Western Bank ("Sponsor"), it’s affiliated subsidiaries and immediate families (i.e. parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Great Western Bank personal account owners with an active Great Western Bank debit card may enter the drawing by making signature or PIN based transactions during each month of the Sweepstakes period. Entries are counted on a per card basis. Each transaction will result in one automatic entry into the weekly drawing. Grand Drawing. To be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing, customers must use their Great Western Bank personal debit card 50 or more times between 11/27/2009 and 1/21/2010. Alternately, to enter for the weekly drawing and the grand drawing by postal mail, hand print your name, complete mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), age, plus daytime phone number with area code and email address (if available) on a 3" x 5" index card. Mail in a first class stamped envelope to: Great Western Bank “Swipe Repeat Win” Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 2345, Sioux Falls, SD 57101-2345. Entry must be postmarked between 11/27/09 and 01/21/10 and received by 01/21/10. Any other form of entry is void. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be twenty (20) total prizes awarded. Weekly Prize to be determined by Sponsor. One prize per winner. The prizes consist of one of the following: 19” HDTV, (2) iPod touches with $30 iTunes gift cards, (6) GPS units, a MacBook Pro computer, a digital camera, and (2) $500 cash prizes. There will be five (5) $1,000 Grand Prizes awarded.The total approximate retail value of all Prizes is $9,000.00. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Winner. No transfer or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: Weekly Drawings. One (1) Weekly prize winner will be selected each Friday beginning December 4, 2009 through January 22, 2010. Weeks run Sunday through Saturday. Weekly Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. An individual cannot win more than one weekly prize. Grand Drawing. A total of (5) Grand Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries, on or about January 22, 2010. All drawings will be carried out by judges selected by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. The Winners will be notified by telephone, e-mail or mail service. If a potential winner cannot be reached within seven (7) days from the first notification attempt, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Prizes will be awarded to the selected winners only. Winners may not assign or designate another recipient.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: No additional substitution for any prize, other than those permitted by the Rules, will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, Winner and entrant hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsor of the Winners’ and entrants’ photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, hometown address, contents of the entry form and the name and age of the Winners and entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Sweepstakes.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for the drawing.
8. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Sweepstakes or the web site. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and each of its respective subsidiaries, and its respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of its respective subsidiaries, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winner, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
11. WINNER: The name of the official winners will be posted on Great Western Bank’s web site (available after January 22, 2010). For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Great Western Bank, “Swipe and Win” Sweepstakes - OFFICIAL RULES, P.O. Box 2345, Sioux Falls, SD 57101-2345. You may also view the rules at Great Western Bank financial center locations or at Great Western Bank’s web site www.GreatWesternBank/SwipeRepeatWin.
12. SPONSOR: Great Western Bank, P.O. Box 2345, Sioux Falls, SD 57101-2345.