CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
How we can help
Doing what’s right for our customers continues to be our top priority. We have implemented relief options for existing customers facing unanticipated financial hardships as a result of COVID-19.
Existing consumer loan, credit card and mortgage customers may be eligible for a temporary deferral of their loan payments for up to 90 days and have any late fees waived. To request relief, simply call your branch to speak with a banker. Additional relief may be available on an individualized basis, depending on your circumstances.
Existing commercial and agri-business customers may also be eligible for debt relief and new loan programs as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act recently passed by Congress.
Get more information on the CARES Act, Paycheck Protecton Program and EIDL.
Branch Locations Update March 17, 2020
In an effort to protect the well-being of our customers, coworkers and community and do our part in social distancing, our locations have moved to drive thru only effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020. All lobbies are closed at this time.
Please use our drive thrus, ATMs, and night depository where available. Online banking and the Great Western Bank mobile app are available 24/7.
If the branch nearest your does not have a drive thru or should you need to access your safe deposit box, meet with a loan officer or complete other specialized banking services, please call your local branch. Find a location near you for contact information and hours.
At Great Western Bank, we are dedicated to the health and safety of our customers and employees. The following are ways you can remain safe, complete your everyday banking needs and minimize the potential spread of the coronavirus. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work together to keep our customers, employees, and community members safe during this time.
Bank from almost anywhere
- Not feeling well? If possible we suggest you use our drive-up windows. Deposits can also be made through our night depositories.
- Utilize our online and mobile banking features to check your balance, transfer money and send money remotely. Our Great Western Bank Mobile app allows you to make deposits from the convenience of your phone or tablet.
- Download the Great Western ebanking App in the Apple App Store, Android App on Google Play or on Amazon.
- Bank online
- Access our ATMs 24/7. Remember, with MoneyPass you can make surcharge-free ATM transactions across the country at participating banks. Find an ATM.
- Utilize our call center support at 1-800-952-2043 Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CT and Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. CT
What we are doing to help prevent the spread in our branches
We have implemented our Business Continuity Pandemic Plan. This plan focuses our attention on the evolving situation surrounding the CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) and places high priority on the health and safety of our bank employees and customers. We have prepared well and will take action to protect the well-being of our staff and our customers while doing our part to control the spread of this virus within our communities and maintaining our business operations.
What you can do to help prevent the spread and stay healthy
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces.
- Use antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizers frequently and ensure there is enough supplies on hand.
- Take steps to prevent the spread of germs.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze. The CDC says people with the flu can spread it to others up to about six feet away, mainly by droplets made when they cough, sneeze or talk.
- Wash your hands with antibacterial soap as often as possible
- Wash your coffee or beverage cup with hot soapy water.
Your money is safe with us
- The safest place for your money is at the Bank. Your checking and savings accounts at Great Western Bank are insured and protected up to $250,000 by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
- The FDIC does not protect funds you withdraw to carry as cash. For that reason, withdrawing large sums of cash is not recommended.
- Great Western Bank has a long history of being financially strong and (just like all financial institutions across the country) we are consistently examined by officials from Federal, State and Local agencies to ensure our practices are safe and secure.
Be aware of scams
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FINCEN)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- US Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC)
- The United States Secret Service put out a press release to warn against a wave of Coronavirus scams.
Learn more about COVID-19 and get updates from the following resources:
- FDIC: Frequently Asked Questions for Bank Customers Affected by Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization Questions and Answers on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Overseas Security Advisory Council COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak Resources