Smart Start Banking
Our checkless account created for your digital lifestyle. Less is more with no checks, no paper statements, and no overdraft fees.
- Students and young adults
- Customers who prefer banking digitally and use their debit card instead of writing checks
- Customers who want to avoid overdraft fees
Our Smart Start Banking account comes with
- Online Statements1
- Bill Pay and Online Transfers
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Text Message Banking
- Digital Banking Options
- One ATM cash withdrawal Rebate per statement cycle2
- Access to over 35,000 Free ATMs3
- No overdraft fees4
Minimum Opening Deposit
Open with $25.00 deposit
Monthly Service Charge5
Avoid the $4.50 monthly service charge if primary account owner's age is 24 and younger
1There is a $2 monthly fee for Paper Statements.
2Receive a rebate of $2.50 for one non-GWB cash withdrawal per statement cycle.
3When you use an ATM, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used to complete the transaction, and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry at an ATM. “Out of Network” means ATM transactions occurring out of the MoneyPass or Shazam Privileged status ATM networks.
4It is possible for the account to have a negative balance.
5Review the Smart Start Banking Fee Guide to see other fees associated with this account type.