Great Western ebanking FAQ
Great Western ebanking is a digital banking platform that provides you with a safe and convenient way to do your banking. Access your accounts online or on the go with the Great Western ebanking mobile app.
With Great Western ebanking, you can view account information, transfer funds, pay bills, deposit checks and more. You can also view statements and set up text alerts. Access your accounts from your device of choice with the Great Western ebanking mobile app.
Great Western ebanking is very safe. We’ve taken every step to meet the latest security standards, including using the most up-to-date encryption methods, software and firewalls. In addition, your actual account number is not sent across the Internet.
Great Western ebanking online and mobile banking as well as bill pay and mobile check deposit are all free with any Great Western Bank account.
Great Western ebanking is available within one business day or less upon receipt of your signed application. Self-enroll by clicking Sign Up within the Account Access box located on the Great Western Bank homepage. You will then be directed to the Secure Sign Up form. Need assistance signing up? Contact us at 1-800-952-2043.
After opening your account with Great Western Bank, click Sign Up within the Great Western ebanking Account Access box located on the Great Western Bank homepage to get signed up! Please have your Great Western Bank account number ready.
All deposits made at a branch and transfers completed in person or via online banking will immediately be reflected in your account balances. For example, if you make a deposit at a branch and then access your account online, the balance will include the deposit you just made.
Mobile deposits will post one business day after you receive email confirmation of the deposit.
- For example, a deposit made prior to 5:00 p.m. CT today will be confirmed today and funds available tomorrow.
Any mobile check deposit made after 5:00 p.m. CT will be processed on the next business day and you will receive an email confirmation at that time. The deposit will be processed that evening and funds will show available in your account the following day.
- For example, if you make a mobile deposit at 6:00 p.m. CT on Wednesday, you will receive the email notification on Thursday and the funds will show in your account at the opening of business on Friday.
Addresses currently cannot be updated within Great Western ebanking. To update your address, please visit a branch location to speak with a personal banker or call 1-800-952-2043.
Username: Must be at least six characters in length, must contain at least one letter. Can contain letters, numbers and the following special characters: @$*_-=.!~
Password: Must be between 6 and 32 characters in length. Must contain at least two of the three following: Letters, numbers and any special character. Password is case sensitive and expires after 365 days.
No. Each individual will need to set up their own login credentials.
No, the same username and password are used for both online and mobile banking.
Yes. You can access demos of the new system, as well as additional information, by visiting www.GreatWesternBank.com/personal/ebanking.
Yes. You can grant additional users access to your Great Western ebanking accounts online without sharing your login credentials by following the step-by-step instructions outlined below. For more information, including a detailed explanation of what sub users can and cannot access, please contact your local banker.
Step 1: Log in to Great Western ebanking. Under the Additional Services dropdown menu, select Share Access with Others.
Step 2: Within the Share Account Access screen, fill in the requested information.
- The phone number and email address entered will be used to send the sub user(s) their one time passcode upon their initial log in.
- Account holders can grant full access to sub user(s) by clicking 'Grant full access to all accounts.'
- Individual limits and permissions
- View only: View balances; view and print check images; view, print and export history
- Make internal transfers: Sub user(s) must have access to at least two accounts; can transfer both ‘To’ and ‘From’ these accounts
- Make bill payments: Transaction approval limit (for each account) is required when granting access to bill pay
Step 3: Two emails are sent when sub user(s) are added.
- One email is sent to the account holder confirming the addition of the sub user(s).
- Another email is sent to the sub user(s) with instructions on how to log in. The sub user(s) will be required to submit the verification code, review the terms and conditions, and change their password prior to gaining access to Great Western ebanking.
No. To grant access to online statements, you will need to add the sub user as an additional recipient for online statements within the Online Statements section located in the Additional Services dropdown menu. The sub user will then receive an email with a PDF attachment that they can access with the username and password that you (the primary) have provided to them.