CheckHonor Plus: Overdraft Protection
It happens to everyone now and then: A deposit goes unmade, a payment goes unrecorded, and then, at the worst possible moment, your card is denied. CheckHonor Plus may help you avoid embarrassment by covering the charge even if your account is short of funds.
We will charge a fee for nonsufficient funds (NSF) only if an overdraft occurs. Please read the disclosure below before Opting In/Out of CheckHonor Plus. Great Western Bank pays overdrafts at its own discretion. To opt in/opt out, call us at 1-800-952-2043 or fill out and submit the form below.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. Great Western Bank can cover your overdrafts in one of two ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a separate savings or checking account or an overdraft line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
➢ What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
As a standard practice, we do authorize and pay overdrafts for:
• Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
• Automatic pre-authorized bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to through CheckHonor Plus (see below):
• ATM transactions
• Everyday (one time, nonrecurring) debit card transactions
Great Western Bank pays overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
➢ What fees will I be charged if Great Western Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
• We will charge you a fee of up to $33 each time we pay an overdraft.
• If your account is overdrawn for 5 or more consecutive days, we will charge an additional $10 per day (not applicable in Iowa).
• The daily limit for overdraft fees is $165 per account. There is no limit on the total fees we may charge you for overdrawing your account.
➢ What do I do if I want Great Western Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions using CheckHonor Plus?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 1-800-952-2043 or complete the form below. CheckHonor Plus will not be available immediately after applying. Please wait 24 business days.