WEB ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Accessibility Assistance. In accordance with The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and federal laws, we are always working to improve the accessibility of our products and services for customers. If you have difficulty using or accessing any element of this website or on any Great Western Bank mobile app or tool, please feel free to call us at 1-800-952-2043 or email us at [email protected] and we will work with you to provide the information, item, or transaction you seek through a communication method or that is accessible for you (for example, through telephone support). If you use the email address, please do not include your account or personal information as we take the security of our website and customer data very seriously.
Goal of Accessibility for All. Great Western Bank desires to provide a positive customer experience to all our customers, and we aim to promote accessibility and inclusion. Our goal is to permit our customers to successfully gather information and conduct business through our website and other technology platforms.
Whether you are using assistive technologies like a screen reader, a magnifier, voice recognition software, or captions for videos, our goal is to make your use of Great Western Bank’s technology a successful and enjoyable experience.
Actions. We are actively taking steps and devoting resources to further enhance the accessibility of our website and other technology. We have engaged outside vendors to test and improve the quality and accessibility of our technology. We continue to look for ways to improve the user experience. Our efforts are ongoing, and our specific activities completed or in-progress include:
- WCAG. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA are considered by many to set an appropriate standard for website accessibility. Although we are not limited by or bound to any specific, single, standard, we test our website and make improvements as measured against the WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards laid down by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- Job Duties. We engage consultants and vendors who assist our own staff for the assigned purpose of promoting the accessibility of our website and other technologies.
- Text Equivalents / AltText. Use of alternative text (alt text) and captions in relation to images, videos and multi-media content.
- Site Structure. Use of headings, lists, paragraphs and other formatting features so that guests can more easily use the site with assistive technology.
- Keyboard Access. Use functionality that operates through a keyboard interface, without requiring specific timings for individual keystrokes.
- Consistent Structure. We aim to create pages, sites and apps with a consistent structure, to ease navigation.
- Contrast. When choosing colors and site design, we consider the issue of contrast, to promote the accessibility of images and text.
Ongoing Effort. Although we are proud of the efforts that we have completed and are in-progress, we at Great Western Bank view accessibility as an ongoing effort.
Third Party Sites. Throughout this website, we make use of different 3rd party websites such as Linkedin, Twitter, and Facebook to spread news and information about Great Western Bank products and services. These sites, which are not controlled by Great Western Bank may present challenges for individuals with disabilities that we are not able to control or remedy. Please know that these sites are not used as the sole source of (or sole vehicle for communicating) important information.
Feedback. Please contact us if you have any feedback or suggestions as to how we could improve the accessibility of this website or our other technology.